Our scholarship program is one of many structures we have in place to help us achieve our mission. In addition to financial support, we are also able to stay connected with our youth and support them with enrollment, registration, completion of financial aid documents and occasional texts, phone calls and emails.
We strongly encourage those receiving our scholarships to attend a two-year college or trade school prior to attending a four-year institution. Age, personal circumstances and other eligibility requirements impact the amount of scholarship awards. Recipients may receive up to $10,000 a year; however, most scholarship recipients are able to reach their education goals with less support.
- Participation in one of the following three programs:
- Inspiration Hill Residential Care Program
- Jacobs’ Place Transitional Living Program
- Branching Out Independent Living Program
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent (G.E.D.) or be enrolled in dual credit courses
- Cannot be a relative of a current Omaha Home for Boys’ employee, Trustee or Board Member
Required for Scholarship Consideration
- Complete the scholarship application, including the typed essay
- Signed copy of the Scholarship Agreement
- Submit one letter of reference from an Omaha Home for Boys’ staff member. Please include their contact information.
- Provide proof of FAFSA application/confirmation
- If you did not successfully graduate from one of the Home’s programs, an additional essay, as noted on the application, is required
For more information contact:
Program Manager – School Liaison
Mail completed applications to:
The Omaha Home for Boys
ATT: Jeff Hallstrom
4343 N. 52nd Street
Omaha, NE 68104